Meet Our Team
The team at Uncompahgre Medical Center is committed to providing Quality, Cost Effective, Accessible healthcare.
The staff at UMC is dedicated to providing exceptional personalized quality healthcare.
Kelley Prince, MD, FAAFP, is a Board Certified Family Medicine physician who spent her early years in Virginia and graduated from Elon University in North Carolina. She is a graduate of the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine and completed Family Medicine Residency in Virginia. In 2008 she relocated to Southern California and joined Bristol Park Medical Group, bought by MemorialCare Health System in 2011.
As a practicing physician at MemorialCare Health System, Dr. Prince also served as Medical Director of Population Health. She established chronic disease and high-risk care management programs and Post-Discharge Clinics. Dr. Prince partnered in Quality Improvement, Best Practices, and EMR development to support quality outcomes, utilization, and operational workflows. She led the creation of EMR Wellness and Disease Registries. She also served on the MemorialCare Medical Group Board of Directors.
Dr. Prince has served as Senior Medical Director, UM Operations, for Beaver Medical Group, a large multi-specialty medical group including 25 medical specialties. Her responsibilities included Utilization Management, Operations, and Innovation with oversight of Ambulatory, Inpatient, and Pharmacy Utilization, increasing access for specialists. She spearheaded an HCC/Wellness Clinic and served as co-author of a Health Plan Innovation Grant for a Virtual Post Discharge & Telehealth Team. Dr. Prince is a Certified Lean Leader.
Dr. Prince has most recently served the Torrance Memorial Health System as Chief Medical Officer. She provided clinical leadership and population health management for Torrance Health IPA and Torrance Memorial Integrated Physicians, LLC (ACO). She facilitated collaboration and strategic direction for Quality, Inpatient & Ambulatory UM, Care Management/Care Transitions, HCC/Coding, Pharmacy & Therapeutics, and Palliative Care.
Dr. Prince has a passion for connecting health care partners to drive clinical and strategic outcomes, strengthen operational efficiency, and support the local community's health. She enjoys collaborating with clinicians, administrative leaders, and community partners through team and program development, innovation, and a shared commitment to excellence.
Dr. Prince is a wife, mother of two, CrossFit enthusiast, and lover of Great Danes. She and her family are thrilled to have relocated to Colorado, joining the outstanding UMC team to serve the local community.
Robin is dedicated to providing comprehensive primary care in rural Colorado. Born in Fairplay, CO she moved to Norwood when she was one and a half. She attended PA school at Midwestern University in Phoenix, Arizona and worked as a PA for Indian Health Services in Shiprock, New Mexico for a year and a half before joining the team at Uncompahgre Medical Center in Norwood, Colorado.
Robin is passionate about providing quality health care to a rural population. While in school she focused on learning about and providing medical care to rural communities through rotations in rural Arizona, refugee clinics in Phoenix, the Navajo reservation, and Honduras. It was her dream to be able to return to her rural Colorado county to work with the region that raised her.
Outside of work Robin enjoys playing with and raising her 2 young daughters with her husband (who is also a San Miguel County native), spending time with family and friends, hiking, running, camping, skiing, biking, cooking, baking, and playing or listening to music.
Robin has enjoyed being a Physician Assistant at Uncompahgre Medical Center in Norwood for the since 2013 and looks forward to a long career providing quality, comprehensive medical care to rural Colorado.
Dr. Andrew Baker grew up in Atlanta, GA. He attended medical school at Ross University, completing his residency in Family Medicine at Emory University in 2011. Following residency, Dr. Baker moved out to the Southwest to take a position at Chinle Hospital, an IHS facility in the center of the Navajo reservation near Canyon De Chelly. He and his family soon discovered Telluride on weekend ski-cations and visits, which became more frequent. While his wife and son relocated to the local area in 2014, Dr. Baker continued commuting to Chinle, where he served first as a staff physician, later as Chief of Family Practice, and more recently as Deputy Medical Director. Dr. Baker values community-based care and the broad scope of practice Family Medicine offers. He is thrilled to be returning closer to home as a full-time clinician with Uncompaghre Medical Center. In his spare time, Dr. Baker enjoys spending time with his family, strumming the guitar and gathering with friends for modern hobby board gaming.
Thomas provides a whole person approach to therapy and the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. Thomas enjoys working with individuals, families, groups, adults and adolescents. Thomas's experience uses a wide variety of treatment modalities including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, solution-focused therapy and aspects of dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to address anxiety, depression, substance-use, self-harm behaviors, trauma, PTSD, self-esteem, disordered eating, and unhealthy communication skills. As a graduate of the University of Louisville Kent School of Social Work, Thomas has the philosophy that each individual has within themselves the tools necessary to live a healthy, productive, and happy life and looks forward to supporting the Norwood and Local communities. Outside of work, Thomas enjoys engaging in community volunteer work, spending time outdoors and backcountry driving.
Dr. Sarah May was born and raised in Illinois. She graduated with a Bachelors in Science from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Sarah attended A.T. Still University in Arizona where she completed her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree while simultaneously receiving her Master’s in Public Health. After graduating dental school she continued her education in a General Practice Residency. Since graduating the GPR she has worked on the Navajo Nation, served as the Dental Director at a health department and a GPR program. She is passionate about improving the community through oral health education, prevention and treatment of oral health conditions. She is enthusiastic about serving the oral health needs of our community. Sarah spends her free time outside in the San Juans with her dog, Wilbur.
Dr. Marco Luker, PharmD, RPh, is the Pharmacy Director for UMC. Marco graduated from the University of Colorado Denver with a Bachelor’s of Science in biology, a minor in chemistry in 2010, and a Doctorate of Pharmacy from Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (University of Colorado) in 2015. Marco has a wealth of pharmacy experience from working in retail and long-term care settings. As a part of his training in pharmacy school, he obtained a comprehensive knowledge of medications used in chronic diseases and pain management. Marco is the clinical pharmacy consultant for the UMC medical team and manages the pharmacy connected to the clinic.
Senior Leadership Team
Charles (Chuck) Porth, a Navy brat, received a combination of public and private education in Missouri, culminating in dual master’s degrees from the University of Missouri. Since graduation, he has held senior leadership roles in integrated delivery systems (i.e. Scott & White, Carle Clinic Foundation, Phoebe Putney Health System), independent hospitals and physician practices (i.e. Lincoln General Hospital, Florida Heart Associates), and for-profit organizations (i.e. UHS).
The result of his work has been recognized by Monitrend, Thomson Top 100, Health Grades, ACHE, MGMA, Affordable Care Organizations, CMS, and insurance companies. A Fellow in the American College of Health Care Executives, he has made professional presentations to local and international professional groups.
Mr. Porth married his high school sweetheart and has three children. He is a retired Division I girls soccer club coach, soccer referee, and baseball umpire.
A nature enthusiast Mr. Porth enjoys experiences in natural areas in the USA. He has also enjoyed diverse “working” experiences including being on Paramount Pictures staff for the movie Terms of Endearment.
Ann ONeal, you might know her as Lowrance, spent her childhood running around the local area before joining the US Airforce at 19 where she worked as an AGE mechanic. After getting the medical boot, she spent a couple years in Florida before settling in Austin, TX for 12 years before moving back home in the fall of 2019. She holds an Associate of Science degree in Biology and is currently working on a Bachelors in Healthcare Information Management at Capella University. She has worked in the nonprofit sector at Caritas of Austin and was most recently an office manager for a local irrigation company. She has a passion for helping those in the community and being a friendly face and safe person for those who need it.
Brandi started at UMC in March of 2021. Prior to joining UMC, Brandi worked at the Lone Cone Library in Norwood, CO. At the library, Brandi began working in compliance through HR. Brandi is a Colorado native. Her family were some of the first settlers of Disappointment Valley in the 1880’s/1890’s where they thrived in the uranium industry. Brandi was born in Colorado Springs, but her parents moved back to Norwood when she was two. Brandi joined the medical board in 2020. She learned a lot about the inner workings of the clinic and took a chance to apply when the compliance position opened. After getting the amazing offer to join, Brandi has been working hard to complete the necessary trainings and get the certifications needed to help UMC stay in compliance.
UMC's board of directors are dedicated deeply involved members of the community
Careers at UMC
Check out our featured positions below!
November 21, 2023
Uncompahgre Medical Center is seeking a Medical Receptionist.
Full Time and Part Time Hours available
At UMC we work to help the community with their healthcare needs.
We are looking for a reliable medical receptionist for our office that will be the support for our patient’s and clinicians as a whole. This person will be responsible for patient management, checking in/out, answering questions about insurance coverage, benefits and more. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, be able to multitask, be a team play with a professional etiquette.
The Pay Rate for this role does depend on experience but ranges from $17- $21 and hour DOE. We offer a full benefits package that includes dental, medical, vision, PTO and more.
- Greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors; answers telephone in a professional manner, and schedules appointments.
- Performs appropriate front-desk triage (prioritizing of patients) and takes messages as appropriate.
- Instructs new patients in completion of medical history and information forms, and enters information into Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Verifies and updates information for patients at each patient visit.
- Assists in maximizing patient flow through appropriate scheduling, timely appointment preparation (scrubbing) and handling, and notification of appropriate medical personnel of patient’s arrival and departure (check in & check out).
- Ensures patients have completed necessary documentation, and proper paperwork is added and scanned into patient’s charts in the EMR (demo graphics, worker’s compensation information, well child checks, etc.)
- Confirms patients’ insurance eligibility with eligibility confirmation through the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) or insurance companies. Informs uninsured patients of assistance programs. Collects appropriate copays/payments at time of service.
- Compiles and records medical records, reports, and correspondence as necessary.
- Manages faxes
- Promotes a professional work environment through maintaining confidentiality of patients and clinic operations, encouraging teamwork and cooperation, sharing expertise and job duties, attendance is timely and punctual, and participation in training and meetings as requested.
- Performs daily mail and deposit functions, including mail drop-off and pick-up at the post office; proper distribution of mail; and recording, preparing and delivering deposit information.
- Ensures the cash drawer balances daily.
- Keeps the front desk clean and orderly.
- Will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness and order in the lobby.
- Will be expected to offer ideas for improvement in order to provide better customer service or more efficient operations.
- Adhere to Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) standards by observing a team-based approach to care and supporting each member of the team to their highest level of function allowed by law.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A general understanding of billing, information systems and basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in a medical office setting preferred
- Typing skills are necessary
- Functional Skills on PC and Related Software (Microsoft Office); Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of basic Office Equipment such as copier, fax machine, computer, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use sound and prudent judgment based on simple perceptions or insight of daily office circumstances
How to Apply: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: Open until filled
November 8, 2023
Dental Patient Navigator Outreach & Enrollment
Salary Range: $18-$25/hour DOE
This position is directly accountable to the Dental Director or the Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be required:
Outreach & Enrollment
- Work with Outreach and Enrollment leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach plan targeting different areas of the
- Assists in keeping Outreach and Enrollment leadership on task with targets, plans and
- Work with the community educating individuals on the services and programs UMC
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with staff to identify new partnerships within our community and service
- Support the Outreach and Enrollment department by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters, documents and educational brochures and flyers; collecting and analyzing information; initiating
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; record meeting
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Attend outside and internet trainings as
- Keep current on clinic requirements for outreach and enrollment
- Promotes a professional work environment through maintaining confidentiality of patients and clinic operations, encouraging teamwork and cooperation, sharing expertise and job duties, and participating in training and meetings as
- Performs other duties as
- Meet with patients and families
- Help in enrollment and application of CICP, CHP+, Medicaid and In-House Slide
- Determine and compute eligibility for CICP, CHP+, Medicaid and In-House Slide
- If patient is being seen, find superbill and put pending and copay
- Help patients get best possible rating, deductions documentation
- Document in healthcare programs within applicable time lines
- Create CICP Cards
- Track patient eligibility
- Fax copy of CICP cards to applicable hospitals and partners
- CICP Audit including communication, preparation and meetings with auditor
- Patient advocating
- Help patients with billing problems from hospitals
- Listen to patient’s concerns and problems
- Help them get on all programs possible, whether it be through the county or us
- Correlate with patient to find dates for referrals
- Call insurance companies and get pre-authorization, if applicable – Medicaid for dental
- Call and schedule appointments with specialists and partners
- Copy appropriate chart notes, labs, etc. and fax to outside provider, if applicable
- Schedule rides for appointments
- Fill out county refund forms for shuttle, if applicable
- Conference calls
- Follow up on any abnormal results
- Create and maintain bi-direction referral with medical
- Assist with dental grant
- Obtain blood pressure and A1C’s from patients prior to
- Dental record releases and forwarding dental records (x-rays via email) to other dental offices
- Monitoring dental email for incoming new patient records (x-rays) and attaching the records to the patients chart
- Preparing board reports:
- New patients
- No shows
- Treatment complete
- Caries risk assessment
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Administrative Writing
- Reporting Skills.
- Microsoft Office
- Office Equipment
- Verbal and Written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with staff team members and
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet job requirements
- Ability to be a team player. Support and assist team members. Be available to help, and learn from the team. Keep an open mind to feedback, and earn trust of staff and
Working environment/Physical activities:
- Requires periods of standing and
- Requires long periods of time sitting while on the telephone and/or doing computer
- Requires sufficient near vision to be able to read documents and computer
- Essential to have ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Essential to have ability to use routine office equipment such as computer and
- Essential to have ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, twist and reach.
- Essential to have ability to hear routine conversations.
- Essential to have ability to comprehend both oral and written
- OSHA Classification is Category I: All procedures or other job-related tasks that involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissue, or a potential for spills or splashes of these
- HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient’s protected health information, including the patient’s entire medical record, for patient care
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualification associated with this job. Job duties can change at any time.How to Apply: email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: Open until filled
October 4, 2023
Medical Assistant – Norwood, CO
Position Type: 1 Full Time position
Pay Range: Starting pay is $17.00 ranges up to $25.00 per hour DOE
- PTO – Holidays Included
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
Location: Norwood, CO
Description of Responsibilities:
- Conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient electronic medical record prior to appointment and confers with provider regarding incomplete tests/consults or other orders.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room and taking vitals, heights and weights.
- Prepares, cleans, and maintains exam room and treatment rooms. Keeps exam rooms stocked with supplies.
- Gives injections and assists with EKG’s, OB/GYN exams and other tests and office procedures as needed, and provides other patient care services as directed by the physicians.
- Maintains sample medication records, administers medication upon physician order and responds to medication requests per practice protocol via (fax, phone and e-script).
- Triages, schedules same day appointments, and responds to patient communication within practice policy.
- Assists providers with patient education and self- management.
- Maintain courteous relationships with outside caregivers, insurance carriers, labs, hospital, and pharmacies at all times.
- Performs other related work as required
Supervisory responsibilities: No
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending and lifting. This position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment. May require working under stressful conditions
Normal office and exam room environment. The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, insurance companies, labs, hospitals and other members of the public on a regular basis. The position may cause exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
- Education: High school diploma
- Must be experienced in a physician’s office or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vital signs: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Superior customer service skills
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to take vital measurements
- Ability to draw blood
- Basic wound care
- Familiar with EHR’s
- HIPPA compliance standards
Additional eligibility requirements:
- How to Apply: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: Open until filled